(WJHL) – The Food and Drug Administration (FDA) reports that 4C Foods is voluntarily recalling some of its cheese products due to possible salmonella contamination.
The recall is nationwide and includes products packed in 6 oz. vacuum-sealed glass jars with “BEST BY” dates between November 12, 2016 and November 2018.
The following products are included in the recall:
• 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
• 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
• 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
• 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
• 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
• 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
• Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
• Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
If you have any of these products, consumers are asked to return the product to the store for a full refund.
So far, no illnesses have been reported. According to the FDA, salmonella can cause serious sometimes fatal infections in young children, those with a weaken immune system and the elderly. The FDA says, healthy persons infected with Salmonella often experience fever, diarrhea, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain.
If you have any questions, contact 4C Foods Corp. at 866-969-1920 Monday- Friday, 9:30 AM to 4:30 PM Eastern Time.