JOHNSON CITY, Tenn. (November 15, 2016) – ETSU head coach Lindsey Devine and her staff announced the addition of Alex Sherles (Oak Ridge, Tenn.), Kalee Vanderhorst (Raleigh, N.C.) and Lexie Libs (Clarksville, Ind.) to the Bucs’2017 recruiting class.
“I am very excited about these players coming into our program,” said Devine. “We have recruited the complete package in these three young ladies.”
“Each one of these players has the potential to make an immediate impact on our program. Their athleticism and competitive drive speaks for itself and we are looking forward to meshing their talents in with our returning players.”
Alex Sherles • Oak Ridge Tenn. • Oak Ridge High School
• Was named All-District 3-AAA team
Sherles was the All-District 3-AAA Most Valuable Player
• Earned PrepXtra Second Team honors
• Named to the 3-AAA All-Tournament team
• Last season guided her team to a 20-17 record and a 7-3 conference record
• Plays club volleyball for K2 out of Knoxville
“What I like about Alex is the heavy ball that she hits. She can unleash a swing on the ball that positions her as a terminal front court player. To add to that power, she is crafty and uses her Volleyball IQ to place balls to earn points for her team. She is a leader on the court who embraces the high pressure moments and rises to the occasion.”
Kalee Vanderhorst • Greenville, N.C. • Broughton High School
• Kalee is currently a finalist for Gatorade Player of the Year
• In 2015, was a finalist for Gatorade Player of the Year
• Earned Third Team High School All-American honors
• Led Broughton to the North Carolina 4-A East Regional Final
• In the North Carolina 4-A State Tournament, Vanderhorst recorded 16 kills in a five set victory over Cardinal Gibbons.
• In the 4-A East Regional Final against D.H. Conley, she recorded a double-double with 24 kills and 22 digs.
• Plays club volleyball for Triangle Volleyball Club out of Raleigh, N.C.
“Kalee is a dynamic, highly skilled outside hitter who has the potential to be an immediate standout in our conference. She has that competitive switch and edge to her that is a perfect fit for our program. Her presence is contagious on the court and her ETSU teammates will thrive off of that. Not only does she have a great skill set but she plays the game fearless which is what I love about her.”
Lexie Libs • Clarksville, Ind. • Providence High School
• During her senior season tallied 1,223 assists, ranking fourth in Indiana
• Three-time state champion, leading Providence HS to three straight Indiana 3-A State Championships (2012-15)
• Helped Providence win 26 straight state tournament matches
• UNION Volleyball Club Indiana All-American
• Earned First Team All-State honors her junior and senior season
• Was Purdue Volleyball Camp MVP and Indiana All-Star
“Lexie’s competitive attitude and playing experience will only add to the great culture we have in our program right now. Every time I have watched Lexie play and talked to her, I became extremely impressed with her poise and the high standard she expects of herself. I could name many positive attributes about Lexie bus as a freshman coming into our gym, her fiery attitude and vocal energy will immediately gain the respect from teammates.”