The Latest: No weapon found after commotion at Trump rally

Members of the Secret Service rush Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump off the stage at a campaign rally in Reno, Nev., on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016. (AP Photo/John Locher)
Members of the Secret Service rush Republican presidential candidate Donald Trump off the stage at a campaign rally in Reno, Nev., on Saturday, Nov. 5, 2016. (AP Photo/John Locher)

UPDATE: No weapon found after commotion at Trump rally

WASHINGTON (AP) – The Secret Service says there was no weapon involved in the commotion that briefly disrupted Donald Trump’s rally in Reno, Nevada, and caused agents to hustle Trump from the stage.

The Republican nominee had been speaking to supporters for a while when a disturbance broke out in the crowd close to the podium. Two Secret Service agents quickly surrounded Trump, then hustled him off the stage.

In a statement, the Secret Service said a person in front of the stage had shouted “Gun!” but that no weapon was found after a search of the person and the immediate area. The person was apprehended, but officials did not identify the person or disclose whether he had been charged with a crime.

The Secret Service said an investigation into the incident was ongoing.

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s