ELIZABETHTON, TN (WJHL)- The city of Elizabethton continues its search for a new chief of police.
Greg Workman left the post in September to serve as the city’s director of purchasing. Currently, Jason Shaw is serving as interim Elizabethton Police Chief, however, as of Wednesday, he had not applied for the position.
News Channel 11 obtained a list of those who want the position, one of them is former Carter County Sheriff Chris Mathes.
According to the resume he submitted, Mathes is currently a public safety officer with East Tennessee State University Public Safety in Johnson City.
Other applicants include:
- Randy Phelps, Lieutenant with the Humphrey County Sheriff’s Office in Waverly, TN
- Kenneth Davis, Assistant Director of Tennessee Emergency Management Agency in Nashville, TN
- Timothy Horne, Carter County Sheriff’s Department Criminal Investigations Lieutenant
- Daniel Terry, Detective Commander at the Elmhurst Police Department in Elmhurst, Illinois
- James Nygaard, Lead Investigator with the Office of the State Attorney, 20th Judicial, in Southwest Florida
- Robert Fisher, Basic Law Enforcement Training School Director at Asheville Buncome Technical Community College in Asheville, NC
- David Hindman, most recently the Chief of Police at Millersville Police Department in Goodlettsville, TN
The deadline to apply for the position of Elizabethton Chief of Police is Friday at 5 p.m.
Copyright 2016 WJHL. All Rights Reserved.