KINGSPORT, TN (WJHL) – A Kingsport apartment building was evacuated this morning after a fire started in one of the units.
Dispatch got the call around 7:30 a.m. Tuesday morning.
Kingsport firefighter Jim Carter says neighbors reported seeing flames coming from the windows of the apartment.
Carter says firefighters rescued two cats that were stuck inside the unit, but no one was injured and the person renting the apartment was not home.
Carter says, a paramedic near the scene helped alert residents before the emergency crews arrived.
Carter told News Channel 11 their initial findings point to an air-conditioner unit as the cause of the fire.