COFFEE COUNTY, TN (WKRN) – The Coffee County Sheriff’s Department says it’s investigating a report of a juvenile being attacked by a clown in Summitville, Tennessee.
According to a release, the sheriff’s department received a call Monday night concerning someone dressed in a red hoodie and clown mask. The minor reported to deputies that he swung at the clown and was cut by what he said was a knife.
Deputies responded to the area and conducted a search for the clown, but it was not found.
The sheriff’s department says it is continuing to investigate the report.
“People in Tennessee carry guns and somebody jumping out and scaring someone is subject to get shot,” Coffee County Sheriff Steve Graves said.
Graves also noted if a person is found to be scaring or hurting people, they will be arrested. “Everyone should avoid wearing any type of mask or dressing up like a clown,” he said.
Graves also reminds residents that filing a false report is illegal. Other states have also reported unusual clown sightings in recent weeks.
- Tazewell County, Virginia Sheriff’s Office responds to multiple clown sighting reports
- Clown sighting reported in Piney Flats near apartment complex
- Two South Alabama schools placed on lockdown after reports of clown threats
- Police: Man with machete chases person wearing clown mask into woods
- Creepy new clown sightings in South Carolina
- Children claim clowns tried to lure them to woods