Ten people including an 8-year-old boy are dead after a house fire in Memphis Tennessee

fire line

MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) – Ten people including an 8-year-old are dead after a house fire in Memphis Tennessee.

Le Bonheur Children’s Hospital spokeswoman Anne Glankler said Saturday that Cameron Jett-Hollingsworth died Wednesday.

The 8-year-old’s organs were removed for donation.

The boy was taken to the hospital in extremely critical condition after he was removed by firefighters from a south Memphis house after the blaze early Monday morning.

Nine other people died in the fire, which the Memphis Fire Department says was caused by an electrical malfunction in an air conditioning unit’s power cord in the living room.

Copyright The associated press. all rights reserved 2016. 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s