TV’s new ‘Star Trek’ takeoff delayed until May 2017

Courtesy of AP Images
Courtesy of AP Images

LOS ANGELES (AP) — The latest TV edition of “Star Trek” is launching a few months later than planned.

Streaming service CBS All Access said Wednesday that “Star Trek: Discovery” will debut in May 2017 instead of January.

In a statement, series producers Alex Kurtzman and Bryan Fuller said their aim is to “dream big and deliver” and they decided the additional time was needed to achieve their vision for the show.

After its premiere next spring on the CBS broadcast network, further episodes of the new “Star Trek” series will be available only on CBS All Access.

To help fill in until “Star Trek: Discovery” begins, a previously announced spinoff of CBS’ “The Good Wife,” starring Christine Baranski, will debut next February on the network and then move to CBS All Access.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s