French authorities thwart planned attack

PARIS (AP) – A 16-year-old has been arrested in his home in Paris for allegedly planning to carry out an attack.

A security official said Sunday that the boy was arrested a day earlier after France’s intelligence services “detected a threat.”

The official said the arrest isn’t linked to the arrests last week of four women and a man over aborted attacks.

The boy had already been under house arrest due to France’s state of emergency in which dozens of people are under special watch, said the official who was not authorized to speak publicly about the arrest and asked not to be named.

French Prime Minister Manuel Valls reiterated in an interview on Sunday that France is under maximum terror threat and “every day attacks are foiled … (including) as we speak.”

Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s