(WCBD) – General Motors is recalling some trucks and SUVs because of an issue with their front upper control arms. The recall includes the 2016-2017 Chevrolet, GMC and Cadillac trucks and SUV’s.
The control arms may separate from the bushing due to inadequate welds. This can compromise the steering and increase the risk of a crash.
If your vehicle is one of the affected vehicles, GM will notify you and the dealers will replace the left and right front upper control arms and realign the truck or SUV, free of charge.
Replacement parts are not yet available so owners will be notified by mail when they are. For now, GM is asking owners to not drive the affected vehicles.
If you are looking to find if your vehicle is included in the GM recall, visitrecalls.gm.com and have your VIN ready.
- 2016-2017 Chevrolet Silverado 1500
- 2016 Chevrolet Tahoe
- 2016 Chevrolet Suburban
- 2016 GMC Sierra
- 2016 GMC Yukon
- 2016 GMC Yukon XL
- 2016 Cadillac Escalade
- 2016 Cadillac Escalade ESV
Number of vehicles affected: 4,789 vehicles (United States figure).
- Chevrolet Customer Service: 1-800-222-1020
- GMC Customer Service: 1-800-462-8782
- Cadillac Customer Service: 1-800-458-8006
- GM Recall Number: 42190
- NHTSA Toll Free: 1-888-327-4236
- NHTSA (TTY): 1-800-424-9153
- NHTSA Website: http://www.safecar.gov
- NHTSA Recall Number: 16V256000