Rafael Nadal to miss Wimbledon because of wrist injury

Rafael Nadal - Courtesy of AP Graphics

LONDON (AP) – Rafael Nadal has pulled out of Wimbledon, citing the left wrist injury that forced him out of the French Open.

The two-time Wimbledon champion says on his Facebook page that he made the decision after consulting with his doctor.

The Spaniard says “it is a sad decision but the injury on my wrist at Roland Garros needs time to heal.”

Wimbledon starts on June 27.

Nadal had already pulled out of next week’s Wimbledon grass-court warmup at Queen’s Club.

He pulled out of the French Open before his third-round match.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s