DENVER, N.C. (WBTV) — Firefighters in Lincoln County are warning residents after a copperhead snake bit an employee at a local home improvement store.
The incident happened just after 4:30 p.m. Monday at the Lowe’s Home Improvement in Denver. Officials said the 4.5 foot copperhead was in the gardening department.
The employee was taken to an area hospital. Their name and condition have not been released.
The East Lincoln Fire Department wrote a warning to residents on their Facebook page, stating the incident could have happened anywhere.
“This could happen at any store that sells trees,” the post read, “So be mindful when shopping for gardening supplies.”