Ohio boy electrocuted while conducting YouTube experiment

(AP) – Authorities have identified a 15-year-old Ohio boy who they say was electrocuted while attempting to conduct an experiment he saw on YouTube.

An Erie County sheriff’s deputy confirmed Wednesday that Morgan Wojciechowski’s parents found him Tuesday in the garage of their Vermilion Township home. Chief Deputy Jared Oliver says authorities weren’t sure whether the parents heard something or just went to check on their son.

Emergency crews were called and took the boy to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead.

Oliver says the teen apparently was trying to conduct an experiment called Jacob’s Ladder involving a high-voltage traveling arc of electricity between two points.

Oliver says he was doing the experiment on his own and it wasn’t a school assignment.

(Copyright 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s