Hot lawnmower causes shed to go up in flames.

Courtesy: Fall Branch FD PIO Pat Boone
Courtesy: Fall Branch FD PIO Pat Boone
Courtesy: Fall Branch FD PIO Pat Boone
Courtesy: Fall Branch FD PIO Pat Boone
Courtesy: Fall Branch FD PIO Pat Boone

 

FALL BRANCH,TN (WJHL) – A storage shed is destroyed in Fall Branch after a lawnmower caught fire and ignited a propane tank.

The owner just finished mowing his lawn and placed it in the shed before allowing it to cool off first.

Fall Branch Volunteer Fire Department PIO Pat Boone says ” I would park mine away from where I store it and give it sometime to cool and start it long enough to pull it inside so its not as hot.”

Boone said its not uncommon to see this happen three or four times a year and allow your mowing an hour or two cool down.

He also said that you need to clean the area around where you park your mower in the shed, so if it was to catch fire it would be harder for it to spread.

Fall Branch and Sullivan West Volunteer Fire Departments dispatched to fight the blaze.

Copyright 2016 WJHL. All rights reserved

 

 

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s