BRISTOL, VA – The Virginia Department of Transportation is alerting drivers to the possibility of slick travel conditions in areas of southwestern Virginia this morning.
Following are roadway conditions as of 10 a.m.:
- Interstates 81 and 77 are currently clear but wet.
- Most primary highways in southwest Virginia have scattered snow and ice patches, while most secondary routes – those routes numbered 600+ – are snow-covered.
PREVIOUS UPDATE BELOW:
- Following are roadway conditions as of 4 a.m.:
- Scattered snow patches are reported for Interstates 81 and 77.
- The majority of highways in Russell, Bland, Tazewell and Washington counties have snow-covered sections of roadway and may be slick.
- Most primary highways in Wise, Lee, Grayson and Buchanan counties have scattered snow and ice patches, while most secondary routes are snow-covered.
- In Dickenson, Scott, Smyth and Wythe counties, most routes have scattered snow and ice patches.
For safe driving tips and other snow-related information, visit VDOT’s website: http://www.virginiadot.org/travel/snow.asp