Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Mountain Empire Community College, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- Wednesday, Nov. 11, 4-8 p.m., Our Saviour Lutheran Church, Johnson City
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 8:30 a.m.-2 p.m., Gate City High School, Gate City, Virginia
- Thursday, Nov. 12, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Big Stone Gap, Virginia
- Friday, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Happy Valley High School, Elizabethton
- Friday, Nov. 13, 8 a.m.-4 p.m., Bristol Regional Medical Center, Walnut and Willow rooms, Bristol
- Saturday, Nov. 14, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Mt. Zion Tabernacle at Kingsport Civic Auditorium, Kingsport
As many as three lives might be saved each time a person donates blood.
Potential donors must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.