Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Monday, Oct. 26, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Elk Knob Elementary School, Pennington Gap, Virginia
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Hampton High School, Hampton
- Tuesday, Oct. 27, 9 a.m.-1 p.m., Alpha Natural Resources, Bristol, Virginia
- Wednesday, Oct. 28, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Sullivan East High School, Bluff City
- Thursday, Oct. 29, 8 a.m.-2 p.m., Tennessee High School, Bristol
- Thursday, Oct. 29, noon-7:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, Oct. 30, 7:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m., Holston Valley Medical Center, Kingsport
- Friday, Oct. 30, 9 a.m.-4 p.m., Sykes, Wise, Virginia
- Sunday, Nov. 1, 10 a.m.-2 p.m., Islamic Center of Northeast Tennessee, Johnson City
As many as three lives might be saved each time a person donates blood.ere.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.