JOHNSON CITY, TN (WJHL) – Today on What’s Cooking David Read, owner of Cranberries in Johnson City, showed us how to make one of the popular dishes.
Mr. Read showed us how to make the famous Oriental Salad, the ingredients and directions are listed below.
Ingredients for salad:
12 bags of Ramen noodles
1 bag shredded cabbage
4 cups shredded carrots
4 cups red cabbage
3 cups chopped green oninons
3 cups toasted almonds
Ingredients for dressing:
3 1/2 cups salad oil
2 cups sugar
3/4 cup soy sauce
3/4 cup red wine vinegar
12 seasoning packets from Ramen noodles
- Toast almonds in oven for 8 min. at 350 degrees
- Crush Ramen noodles in bag using a meat tenderizer
- In large bowl combine Ramen noodles (set seasoning aside), cabbage, carrots, red cabbage, green oninons, and toasted almonds
- Combine salad oil, sugar, soy sauce, red wine vinegar, and seasoning from Ramen noodle seasoning packet. Mix well with a wisk.
- Pour dressing over salad than toss with gloved hands until it is evenly coated with dressing.