JOHNSON CITY, TN – With the return of ETSU football just days away, the ETSU Department of Intercollegiate Athletics has released a special “Top 10 Things to Know” list to help fans prepare and plan for a fun-filled game day experience.
“We thought this would be a great way to get information out to the public regarding game days and what they can expect from their experience at Kermit Tipton Stadium – whether that be during pregame, in-game or post-game,” said ETSU Senior Associate Athletic Director/COO Scott Carter.
The countdown will begin today and run through next Thursday, Sept. 3, the day the Buccaneers will kick off the start of a new football program at home against Kennesaw State. Fans interested in more detailed and complete game day information are encouraged to visit ETSUBucs.com and click on the football home page where they will find the ETSU Game Day Central link.
Here is the Top 10 “Things to Know” list:
10. There will be a postgame fireworks display at Kermit Tipton Stadium on Sept. 3, which will begin at the conclusion of the game (approximately between 10:30 and 11 p.m.).
9. Traditions are an important part of a memorable Game Day. Fans are encouraged to be part of the game day experience by learning new cheers, memorizing the words to the ETSU fight song, and making their way to lineup for the Buc Walk, which will occur 1 hour and 35 minutes prior to kick off during every home game.
8. Upon entering Kermit Tipton Stadium, fans may be approached by ETSU athletic department staff and asked to participate in a brief survey, which will be completed on a touchpad tablet. We appreciate fans’ willingness to participate in this process.
7. The ticket Will Call tent will be located on the south end of Kermit Tipton Stadium at the gates nearest the Food City Zone pregame tailgate area.
6. Fans familiar with the traditional traffic patterns for events at Freedom Hall Civic Center can expect much the same experience during ETSU football game days. Take Roan Street until you turn onto Liberty Bell Boulevard. All public parking areas will be accessible from Liberty Bell Blvd. and Pactolas Road.
5. Fans are encouraged to enjoy pregame tailgating in the parking areas around Kermit Tipton Stadium. Simple guidelines can be found at ETSUBucs.com, but can be summed up by the “Golden Rule” of simply being courteous and a good neighbor to other fans in the parking area.
4. The Food City Zone will open three hours prior to kickoff and will provide a great place to make pregame memories. Located just south of Kermit Tipton Stadium, the Food City Zone will provide games, fellowship, food tasting, and other family fun prior to kickoff.
3. Concessions stands will be available for fans throughout Kermit Tipton Stadium, along with several other local food vendors who will be providing multiple selections for any hungry Buccaneer fan. Patrons should be prepared to pay with cash at concession stands.
2. Download the ETSU Game Time App via the Apple and Android app stores. The ETSU Game Time App has been designed to help any Buccaneer fan make the most of their game day experience, with information regarding tickets, tailgating, parking, traditions, restaurants, hotels, and much more.
1. The final tip for ETSU game days? Have fun, make memories, cheer for the blue and gold, and be sure to invite your friends to the next game. Go Bucs!