SMYTH COUNTY, Va. (WJHL) – Smyth County, Va. Sheriff’s Office arrested 12 people Aug. 20, following a three-month drug operation.
The following individuals were arrested:
- Brenda C. Wormser, age 57 of 150 Willow Lane, Marion, VA – Distribute Schedule III;
- Rex A. Evans, age 48 of 346 Overlook Drive, Chilhowie, VA – Distribute Schedule III;
- Janet D. Gillespie, age 49 of 105 Collins Drive, Saltville, VA – Distribute Schedule IV;
- Danny Williams, age 51 of 147 Grosses Creek Road, Chilhowie, VA – Distribute Schedule I & II;
- Robert B. Caldwell, Sr., age 55 of 690 W Chilhowie Street, Marion, VA – Distribute Schedule I & II;
- Michael Lee Sayer, Jr., age 29 of 850 Anderson Avenue, Marion, VA – Distribute Marijuana;
- Bobby G. Able, age 40 of 237 W Cherry Street, Marion, VA – Distribute Schedule III;
- Sandra L. Penaloza, age 31 of 412 Dover Street, Marion, VA – Distribute Schedule I & II;
- Justin Davis, age 28 of 222 Carrol Lane, Sugar Grove, VA – Distribute Marijuana;
- Charles C. Estep, age 41 of 1415 Marion Manor Drive, Marion, VA – Manufacture a Controlled Substance;
- James E. Murrell, age 53 of 211 Ross Lane, Sugar Grove, VA – Manufacture a Controlled Substance;
- Joshua Austin Sheets, age 21 of 172 Flatridge Road, Sugar Grove, VA – Distribute Marijuana
Those arrested are from the 22 people that were indicted on 37 drug charges by a Smyth County grand jury.
The drug operation investigation remains on-going, and additional arrests and more charges are anticipated, according to a Smyth County news release.
Chilhowie Police Department, Marion Police Department, Saltville Police Department and the Virginia State Police assisted in the operation.
Copyright 2015 WJHL. All rights reserved.