Marsh Regional Blood Center will conduct public blood drives at the following locations in the coming days:
- Tuesday, June 30, 9 a.m.-noon, Bill Gatton Chevrolet Cadillac, Bristol
- Tuesday, June 30, 9 a.m.-2 p.m., Alpha Natural Resources, Bristol, Virginia
- Tuesday, June 30, 1:30-4 p.m., Friendship Ford, Bristol
- Wednesday, July 1, noon-5 p.m., Teleperformance, Bristol
- Wednesday, July 1, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Cedar Bluff, Virginia
- Thursday, July 2, 1-4 p.m., Reinhart Food Service, Johnson City
- Thursday, July 2, 1-6 p.m., Food City, Wise, Virginia
- Thursday, July 2, 4:30-8:30 p.m., Roan Highlands Nursing Center, Roan Mountain
As many as three lives might be saved each time a person donates blood.
Blood donations are especially important in the summer because activities during this season tend to carry a risk for injury. Donors with an O-negative blood type are particularly welcome, as their blood can be used for any patient.
To donate blood, individuals must be at least 17 years old, weigh 110 pounds or more and be in good health. People with a cold, sore throat, fever, flu or fever blisters or who are taking antibiotics may not donate. Donors should eat a balanced meal before giving blood.
In addition to scheduled blood drives, donors are welcome at Marsh Regional’s collection centers: 111 W. Stone Drive, Suite 300, Kingsport, and 1996 W. State St., Bristol.
For more information about scheduling a blood drive at a local business, church, school or community organization, please call 423-408-7500, 423-652-0014 or 276-679-4669 or visit www.marshblood.com.